On 2010-10-20 2:24 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2010-10-20 11:25, Howard Barr a écrit :
On 20/10/2010 04:02, � wrote:
looking for instructions on how to unsubscribe

The instructions are at the bottom of all emails. Look at the bottom of
this email below.

That is not instructions on how to unsubscribe, that is instructions on
how to send a message to get a 'help' response that will include
instructions on how to unsubscribe (*and* subscribe, and a bunch of
other stuff), and because it is so long, many people will simply not
read it (I do user support for 60+ users in our office, I know how users
are). At least the unsub instructions are first, but still...

Then, after hopefully reading the instructions, they have to send
*another* email to unsubscribe, *then* they have to send *another* email
(*Reply to the confirmation email - which is the step that most of the
people yelling about not being able to unsubscribe miss).

Talk about jumping through hoops...

Maybe the subject of the confirmation email could be something that
stands out more, like:

ACTION REQUIRED: Unsubscribe confirmation

Also - it would make much more sense to just have a clickable link that
the user only has to click on to complete the unsub process, rather than
require them to send another email.

Lastly - the lines at the footer are way too long imho.

Why not something like this:

"To unsubscribe, send a blank email to:

NOTE: You will receive a confirmation email that you MUST
      REPLY TO in order to complete your request

List archives are available at:
   http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/

For a list of all of the commands available for this list,
send a blank email to:
   discuss+help@documentfoundation.org

NOTE: All messages you send to this list will be publicly
      archived and cannot be deleted."

Anyway, I'm about talked out on this subject...

--

Best regards,

Charles