Hi Guys,

If people are having trouble with pronouncing "Libre" then I propose we
fondly call LibreOffice "LO".

What do you Guys think of "LO"?

Best regards,
Paul

PS Read below to see what I mean:

http://www.computerworld.com/comments/node/9188338#comment-665135

In my country (NL) the name
Submitted by Karen on September 29, 2010 - 03:28.
In my country (NL) the name of success is English. Thus all great
products get English names. So why name it "Libre"? Are they
insensitive for marketing or is ideological? I say: come on guys, come
up with a decent name!

Submitted by Anonymous on October 2, 2010 - 16:01.
Time to broaden your horizons Karen

Ask the Canadians & Americans, they respect the fact that it is nice to
know more than one language. The way its going Spanish may soon be the
first language in USA.

Etymology. From Spanish and French libre (“free, having liberty,
at
liberty”)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary:libre

How about another example: Ubuntu...
Heard of it only recently but millions use it & benefit from it. That's
also free as in 'Libre'

reply | report this comment