On 03/30/2011 03:05 AM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi all,

Italo Vignoli wrote:

I am not a native English speaker, but I think that "liberty" - which
has the same root of libre - is not pronounced as "laiberty". I have
heard many native English speakers pronounce libre, and they all
pronounce it the same way.

That's not my experience -- at SCaLE, there were at least two different pronunciations just from us manning the booth (never-minding the attendees).