Thorsten Behrens wrote:
hm, I guess most rules can be gamed, by any sufficiently determined
adversary - so I would favour simple, effective bylaws, and use
common sense otherwise.

Additionally, you want to provide the proverbial Big Corp some
incentive to join - note that this was one specific shortcoming of
the OOo project. If they don't see a chance to have at least some
say, why should they sponsor developers in the first place?

Sorry, but I still see in your words the same misunderstanding between Foundation and Community that generated my initial reply in this thread.

IMO, if a corporation wants to have a word in a decision about where the project goes, it should join the Foundation and respect its rules.

Any other type of contribution is surely appreciated but, IMO, it's very far from granting a *right* to influence where the project goes.

Maybe, this consideration depends on what foundation are in my country: very strong and well defined legal entities that are different from a simple association.

Sincerely, I still see the "Foundation affair" a bit too foggy and I'm not sure I'll like it at the end.

Gianluca Turconi