Le 2011-01-04 04:30, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

As for Marc's earlier message: the decision was to use Silverstripe. Trying
to get around it by pointing out that more volunteers want to work on a
different CMS overlooks two things:
- the legitimity of the decision : you basically claim that no matter what
your representatives will choose you'll do what pleases you first (and what
pleases you in this context does not seem to be LibreOffice but Drupal)
- the process: there was a call for consultation about a platform with two
last remaining options. One was chosen; claiming the other one was more
popular is a moot point as it means all the other options and their
supporters never matter.

My note to this list was certainly not meant to mean to undermine the SC's decision. We were given the Silverstripe to start off and the Drupal solution was left to be re-examined within a 6 month time-frame. This is quite evident in the SC meeting recording and as well echoed on the list by a member of the SC (Florian) at the point of declaration of the Silverstripe first with re-examination of Drupal later. If there is to be a viable example of a Drupal LibreOffice site, I don't know how this would be done without committed people working on it. As you can very well see, the Drupal team organised itself appropriately and started on the task of delivering a viable Drupal example. I do not see how this would in any way undermine the SC's decision when it is abiding by the SC's own declaration.

If we are asking for help with the Drupal from the membership, it is then to organise a better example of the Drupal site according to the SC's decision of having it ready within 6 month delay. I do not see anything undermining the SC here either. Some of our members are more comfortable with Drupal and these members may have chosen this as their contribution to the LibreOffice group. If they have any questions regarding the reason for the Drupal's existence, they only need to listen to the recording and re-read the thread relating to the decision on the choice of CMS.

The LibreOffice.org site had problems with content and there were finally some offers from some members. I must say that it was difficult to add content for lack of direction on the site ... there was simply no list of tasks or separation of jobs/roles. Some of us tried to add content but, thankfully, David stepped in and completed this task. There is still, to date, no schedule or list of tasks for any of the website membership to work with.

I therefore do not see anything in this that would seem to undermine the SC's decision. I'm sorry if you see it this way, but I see it otherwise.

Last but not least, I believe one of the reasons we created LibreOffice was
precisely to avoid arbitrary decisions in favor of directions and decisions
everyone understand and to avoid ineffectiveness. We have rules, we cannot
change them because a few out of many are ready to sacrifice the whole to
see their own options prime over everything else.

I am not sure if this is directed to me, but I hope it is not. I have as yet not seen anyone of the membership behave in this manner, including myself. Some of us may be quite zealous over our participation, which is quite understandable in large groups. Such is life.

best,
Charles.

Cheers

Marc