Michael,

2011/1/4 Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au>

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
Michael Wheatland wrote (04-01-11 02:59)

If everyone was as clear and concise as you there would be no
confusion about any issues.

No, to me this is an obvious example of someone apparently unable to
understand,

Please do not result to personal insults.

working on the Silverstripe site is that they don't understand the CMS

using silly arguments,

If you are going to quote my emails, ensure you do not 'snip' parts
which can be taken out of context.

Over the coming couple of weeks, I will put together a proposal for
the Steering Committee to consider an implementation plan.

and only interested in his own plan.

I am interested in the best outcome for the community.
My skill set is limited, as I am a chemical engineer, not a
programmer, who is putting time and effort into this community part
time.

I think the whole website team is doing a great job, I am contributing
everything that I can to help the community.
I would appreciate a little more respect.

Certainly. What we -the SC- would like you to understand is that the Drupal
option is just this; an option. Right now, we have  one website to work on:
it turns out it uses Silverstripe. I can understand that some people like
Marc feel surprised or frustrated about it, but frankly it's not like
several people haven't tried to remind everyone what was the actual choice,
but to at least my great surprise I also felt that informal messages about
the actual validity of Drupal as a firm choice were simply disregarded. I
hope it will be very clear from now on that the website we are working on is
the actual website, developed under Silverstripe.

As for Marc's earlier message: the decision was to use Silverstripe. Trying
to get around it by pointing out that more volunteers want to work on a
different CMS overlooks two things:
- the legitimity of the decision : you basically claim that no matter what
your representatives will choose you'll do what pleases you first (and what
pleases you in this context does not seem to be LibreOffice but Drupal)
- the process: there was a call for consultation about a platform with two
last remaining options. One was chosen; claiming the other one was more
popular is a moot point as it means all the other options and their
supporters never matter.

Last but not least, I believe one of the reasons we created LibreOffice was
precisely to avoid arbitrary decisions in favor of directions and decisions
everyone understand and to avoid ineffectiveness. We have rules, we cannot
change them because a few out of many are ready to sacrifice the whole to
see their own options prime over everything else.

best,
Charles.

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland