On 2010-10-20 2:10 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
Actually, the way I see it, and I am also subscribed to the OOo list,
the complaints are that the subscribed users could not answer back to
the non-subscribed users. This is the resounding complaint on the list.

Yes, I know - and it is *caused* by the manual posting of the
unsubscribed posters moderated post.

We are not complaining of the posts from the non-subscribers, but of the
inability to help them. There has to be a better way to help these users.

See my last as one way... I have no problem with providing ways of
helping people, as long as it is done in a sane and rational manner -
and dealing manually with lots of posts from non-subscribers doesn't
make sense to me, and as I pointed out, has been a consistent pain in
the rear on the OOo lists.

After all, they are using our suite that we developed as a community and
we also promote its use and try to market to different groups. Why would
we market to new users only to make it difficult for them to get help?

I don't see requiring someone to register with a user support forum or
subscribing to an email list as 'making it difficult'...

And to reiterate - OOo (and now LibO) are about the *only* lists that
I'm on (and I'm on a bunch) that passes through moderated posts, so it
is absolutely *not* the 'norm'.

--

Best regards,

Charles