Charles Marcus wrote on 2011-03-10 12.58:

Do you? You can simply remove the moderators email address from the web
interface, and they can no longer moderate, even if they have the
password, because they are no longer a moderator - same for Admins.

sure, they can - the logon in Mailman is solely with a password, so no matter if you get notified or not, you can always open the magic URL and look into the queue.

I agree that separate passwords would be ideal, but as long as you can
remove their status as moderator, is it really that big a deal?

You cannot. Even if you remove the address, if they have the password, they can moderate.

It's inconvenient also from a second point of view: Imagine you moderate three mailing lists. Some messages you want to moderate, others are spam and you don't want to moderate them through.

With mlmmj, for the messages you want to moderate, you simply reply via e-mail, and those you don't want to moderate, you ignore; after a week or so, they vanish.

With Mailman, you have to login to list #1, entering password, moderating the message. Then you login to list #2, entering the password (even if's the same, you are queried). Then you login to list #3, entering the password once again. In addition, with Mailman, you have to explicitly drop the messages you do not want to moderate through (like spam), as otherwise, you get nagged every day that there is something in the queue.

That's what I would call inconvenient for our usage scenario. :-)

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108