Charles Marcus wrote on 2011-03-10 12.27:

Mailman 3 will be solving this for good, but one alternative until it is

Yep, heard about it, but no one knows when it will be released. :/

released would be to identify each list in the listname itself rather
than the domain, ie:

Instead of:

discuss@de.libreoffice.org
discuss@it.libreoffice.org

Just use:

discuss-de@libreoffice.org
discuss-it@libreoffice.org

We discussed that before going public, and most people wanted the first solution, to stay in compliance with the localized websites. I support that, as I found the mailman moderation stuff pretty annyoing (no moderation via e-mail, but mandatory web interface for larger tasks, taking more time) as well.

Anyways, switching the mailing list system now or changing the addressess is probably a bad idea, so we should try to fix the issues in the current system :)

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108