On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Vamsi Kodali <vmskdl@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 15:00 -0400, Charles Marcus wrote:
There also really needs to be a very, very simple way that users can
contribute Microsoft Office documents that do not 'translate' well (hav
formatting problems) when opened with LibreOffice... meaning, improving
the MSO filters should have its own dedicated, simple to use reporting
system that any end user can use, without having to sign up for an
account somewhere.

As much as I like the idea of users contributing MSO files that don't
convert properly, I wonder how many would actually be open to the idea
of sharing their personal files... Nevertheless, it may be a good idea
to ask the users.

We used to have a tool like that, very simple just upload generate a ID and
report the ID to the mailing list with a personalized form for extra
information. This was very well used by users which thought it was a great
idea. Most users didn't mind sharing this personal data, they will only
delete possible sensitvie information. but for the most part, this
facilitated speed up the support procedures.

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org