From: Joe Rotello
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:23 AM
To: discuss@documentfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice general ideas and suggestions

2. The discuss@documentfoundation.org NEEDS to at least offer the option
to allow users to receive one or two "all messages" combined Email
(usually called Digest option) instead of so many separate Emails being
received by all of us.

How and where would this be accomplished at the
discuss@documentfoundation.org website ?

Speaking ofdiscuss@documentfoundation.org messages, would it not be a
good idea to have in the message Subject line the OS or specific topic
that the message pertains to ?  Such as "Win 7", "Windows 64bit",
"Fedora", "Mac OS", or "Libre Wordprocessor" and so forth. That way, we
all know exactly what OS or topic that the message is referring to.

Joe
Knoxville, TN / USA
Joe, sorry to barge in here, but I've been laying off to try Open Office, and when I got the
LibreOffice email, I decided it's time to try it. I'm all for open source and moving Open Office
away from Oracle.

However, I am totally confused! I've been beta testing for Microsoft for several years, and there
are Forums where things are discussed, depending on the subject. I hate Forums, and I'm sorry, but
this is even worse!

Is there anything like discussion forums online where I could go to see the messages in subject
form so I wouldn't be so totally lost?

BTW, I started using LibreOffice Writer today, and it's great. Quite comparable to Microsoft Word
2010.

Nancy Ward
Windows 8 Beta Ferret