?

From: Steven Shelton
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:57 AM
To: discuss@documentfoundation.org
Subject: [tdf-discuss] Explanation . . . ?

And is LibreOffice Beta the same as OpenOffice.org 3.3 Beta 1, but
rebranded? What's the relationship between the two?

This has GOT to be confusing to the average user. I've been fairly
involved in OOo for years, and *I'm* confused about what's happening
here. Can someone clear this up a bit?
::::::::
Steve, I received the email about The Document Foundation and pretty much understood what's going
on.  Well, almost. At any rate, I knew that TDF was "going out on its own" for whatever the
reasoning. Since I like open source (which means to me no huge companies steering the rowboat), I
decided to jump in and download.

Although this is the first time in a few years I've tried Libre(open)Office, it has made strides in
the right direction. Now if I could only get some documentation . . . It wouldn't download for me
today from openoffice.org.

Nancy Ward
Windows 8 Beta Ferret

GIF image