Hi all,

what an interesting topic ...

Am Montag, den 04.10.2010, 13:20 -0300 schrieb Roman Gelbort:
El 02/10/10 17:07, Friedrich Strohmaier escribió:
I heavily support this idea. I also saw different bugtracking systems.
None of them can serve users, because all are developer tools to manage
bugs and enhancement requests in a effective way. Thus each of them has
to represent the complexity of that task. There always will be needed
human filtering to avoid messed up bugtracking systems and
developers. No problem with an enthusiastic Community ;o)).

I agree 100% with this idea!

A team of comunity members can filtering the bugs and report them. How
to do, is subject of that team organization.

In a conference I attended this year (more about Human-Machine
Interaction than FLOSS), there has been a presentation about "Who are
the people filing bugs for Mozilla stuff?". The final conclusion: Most
of the bugs are filed by only few people. If an end-user files an bug,
he - most probably - will never do that again. For the latter, several
reasons have been stated, e.g. that this particular person might have
hoped to get a fix (very!) soon.

So yes, I totally second the idea that community members help people to
bridge that gap. Those members would - from my point of view - serve as
an important interface to the developers (which can now focus on fixing
things). Basically, many of the people I know on the users list already
do that ... maybe without knowing how important this is :-)

Bye,
Christoph