Bircher Florian wrote:

[...]
It is probably because the stream is gzip compressed.
[...]
-> Do you really want to use gzip for this file?
[...]

------------

Bircher Florian wrote:

Hi Spiff
I think I have found the reason for your problem.
G-Data works probably as it should.
Well in the end its more guessing because I don't have a G-Data:
The reason is that the Supportex-Mirror sends the file as a compressed
stream. It compresses the file like zip and the browser unpacks it on the
way, the user normally doesn't see any difference.
G-Data however (and probably other Internet Security Suits) sees a
compressed transfer. So it downloads it, scans it and forward it to your
browser. So the 3 minutes are the probably the time the Scanner needs to
download the file from the Internet and scan it.
After the browser shows that the download begins, it should be only the
transfer from G-Data to your Web-browser.
If it is not that way G-Data have to look what goes wrong.

------------

Alex Tykhonov wrote:

I have disabled gzipping. Please check once again.

--
Best regards,
Alex Tykhonov

Supportex.net, outsourced Linux support

------------

That's it !!
Great work, Florian !!
And thank you very much for disabling gzipping, Alex.

Now the download works as any other download, with an instant popup of the
Internet Explorer download manager popup window.

Once again, great work!
Thank you very much.

I'll also send an e-mail to G Data Support to tell them the good news.
No extra work for the G Data tech guys, so I suppose.

Thanks again, everyone,
very good work :-)

Best regards,
Spiff