Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

Hi Spiff, *,

Are you sure your DNS-server picked up the changes/that your machine is
not still trying to use ipv6 connection?

(I know here was written before that no ipv6 stuff is used, but it was
also pointed out before that newer versions of Windows enable teredo by
default, and that tunnels ipv6 over regular ipv4 connections, without the
need to configure stuff by the user).
Can you access http://ipv6.google.com ?

As I mentioned before, not only is my internet connection IPv4 only, but
also is IPv6 disabled in Local Area Connection Properties.
Does that rule out IPv6 tunneling over IPv4?
Anyhow, I cannot access http://ipv6.google.com

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

[...]
please flush your DNS cache & use nslookup to query for a ipv6 addressto
be sure

nslookup -type=AAAA mirrors.supportex.net
must not return a result.

It comes up with:
Address:  [my LAN IP Address]
Name:     mirrors.supportex.net

What does that mean?

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) wrote:

Other than that, a traceroute might help

C:\Windows\system32>tracert mirrors.supportex.net
finds nothing wrong.
A few hops, all in the order of a few milliseconds.

However,
C:\Windows\system32>tracert
mirrors.supportex.net/tdf/libreoffice/stable/3.4.3/win/x86/LibO_3.4.3_Win_x86_install_multi.exelti.exe
or even
C:\Windows\system32>tracert mirrors.supportex.net/tdf
results in:
Unable to resolve target system name.
(Kan naam van doelsysteem niet omzetten.)

Any more suggestions?

Best regards,
Spiff