On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Christian Lohmaier <
lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Joel, *,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev@gmail.com>
wrote:
On 09/27/2012 05:11 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
[...]
Not sure wether I like the creation of an off-topic area right from the
start...

I'm willing to discuss but ultimately my stance is I am in favor of
off-topic immediately. It helps give a sense of "just a place to come and
meet other FOSS people", also no reason to be strictly business right from
the start.

[...]
For installation related questions, people can be asked in a sticky to
prefix their topics with [win] [lin] [mac] (, [sol], [and] [ios],...)

The reality is that most users don't read sticked stuff so asking for
them
to do certain things in those notes might just be ignored.

Well - it is a forum, there will be moderators, so topics can be
adjusted if people don't follow the rules by themselves.

More work for limited moderators seems like a bad idea to me if it can be
easily solved by separating them. I'm not opposed to having one
installation section in theory, but I think the idea of having users put
brackets in is just not realistic and having moderators constantly having
to change subjects of point out this problem to users is also not
realistic.

In another post Leif suggested a "bugs and errors" section.
I'm strongly opposed to this. Bugzilla is the one and only way to file
bug/error reports.
Everything else is just creating a wrong impression, while in fact
those reports will not be looked at.

Agreed. We had briefly discussed a bugs and errors section and ultimately
we decided this wasn't a good idea. If we notice someone posting a thread
that is a bug, we'll point them to the bug reporting section of our webpage
and let them file a bug.

Regards,
Joel
--