Hi *,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Please note that
the categories and forums shown on the page[2], at this point, are only
suggestions and may be modified (some may be removed or added) after we have
discussed this as a group.

OK, my 0,02€ :-)

Where's the difference between "General Discussion" & "Lounge" (or
whatever name will be chosen) - it is not clear to me.
#######
I don't think there is a need for an installation & configuration
category, let alone individual forums for each OS.

Installation is best covered using "Tutorials"/The existing
installation documentation.
so I'd remove the Installation category & forums and instead cover it
in Tutorials and in a catchall/general questions section in
libreoffice apps category. After all installing is not black magic...
#######
In LibreOffice Applications, I wouldn't split them out as much, but
rather shrink them to:
* Writer & Math
* Calc
* Impress & Draw
* Base
* Catch-all/General (also the place to ask installation/configuration
problems if not covered by the tutorials) - might even consider to put
Base into this forum as well.

For installation related questions, people can be asked in a sticky to
prefix their topics with [win] [lin] [mac] (, [sol], [and] [ios],...)
#######
The SiteFeedback & Website contributor forums seem to overlap
#######
And I assume that the Admin-Category will be hidden for Anonymous &
regular Users, right?

So I'd rather start with fewer forums, and if real-life usage proves
me wrong, create the additional, specialized forums. But especially
Math and Draw don't get so many questions that are specifc. Base might
deserve its own section because the nature of the questions is
redically different, and most of the time require database knowledge,
but probably not from a volume perspective. Then again, I don't
read/monitor the english user's list, so it might be different from
e.g. the german project.

So in short:
* remove Installation Category (cover it in tutorial and app-questions)
* combine Apps forums (and create a general forum for non-app specific
question like for installation)
* explain difference between "General Discussion" and "Lounge"
* check overlap betwen "Site Feedback" and "Website"

ciao
Christian