Pedro wrote:
This is something that the BoD needs to decide. If the Lifecycle
has no value, then stop wasting time and resources on maintaining
the previous branch. If it makes sense then don't recommend the
new branch until it reaches x.x.3

This seems ultimately to be still an issue of how
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ is worded, right? Also please
bear in mind that sweeping x.x.0-x.x.2 [1] under a rug will not
necessarily make the experience a better one, once we switch users
to x.x.3 subsequently.

If the answer to the above question is yes, and you're willing to
invest effort towards improving it, let's move this over to the
website list. Doing one thing without stopping to do the other
should be the aim.

[1] I would not take the "x.x.3 will be recommended" as the law -
    maybe x.x.2 is already good enough, maybe only x.x.4 is.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten