Andrea Pescetti wrote (05-11-11 13:02)
On 31/10/2011 Florian Effenberger wrote:
What I would like to have is one
"official" LibO forum, either done by us or someone else, that is open
for all languages, and run by a group that does not have members who
openly show hostility towards TDF. I am not saying that everyone does
so, but at least I have heard from some forums, where definitely FUD was
spread, and this leaves me with bad feelings.

Hmm I can well imagine that. Tensions are sometimes high in these days with changing projects and horizons. I would not at all be surprised too, when I should make the effort to look back at some archives from just over one year ago, that there would be some more posts with more or less unfriendly, hostile (looking) expressions. So this problem is not new. One only may hope, that over time we will all improve.

If this is the only issue, then definitely the best option to me seems
continuing using
http://user.services.openoffice.org/
in the primary interest of users. Whetever discussions and hostility you
might have found or felt, when it comes to user support the people
involved are much more pragmatic

That would be my expectation too. And then 'people involved', I would read as those with questions, answers and with moderation tasks.

and in this respect
http://user.services.openoffice.org/ is truly ecumenical as it
professes: LibreOffice is a first-class citizen there.

That is good to know.
On the other side, it will become more and more important, and logical, to have a recognisable place for our user forums, a place that obviously shows that it is for LibreOffice.

[...]
But I'd still give a thought if we can't really avoid the massive
duplication of effort and, through simple DNS tweaking, offer the same
forum under the two adresses http://user.services.openoffice.org/ and
http://forum.libreoffice.org/ ...

Sounds as an interesting idea. Then both could redirect to say
forum.opensoftwareofficesuites.org (just to give it a name now) which should have a look that is more neutral and serving both.

Regards,
Cor

--
 - Cor