Le 2011-11-01 04:02, Stefan Weigel a écrit :
I estimate at least 80% of the topics/questions/answers will still
be common for all these products. We need to look at this from the
users point of view. The user does not benefit, if the knowledge
base is split up and unequally distributed over several places.

Stefan

I think most of us will agree that ideally this would be preferable. However, LibreOffice is considered an important opensource project and as such serves a large number of users and if AOO follows in OOo footsteps, may also serve a large number of users. I don't think we can avoid having the doubling of services until at some point there is a shake up of one of these two where the one with the largest user base will dominate the forums service.

So, let's have the doubling now and worry about the past knowledge base as different forums decide, if they wish, to migrate to one or the other's forums. I think TDF/LibreOffice can make a good job of running its own forums.

Marc