Hi Drew,

drew wrote on 2011-09-20 17:06:

Uh - no - what I said was - Pay the TDF bills from the TDF account and
stop paying TDF bills from the FrODev specific (normal) account. Why
else was there a separate TDF account created, if not to use it just
this way?

that's what we already do. Anything that directly relates to TDF, like domains, hosting, trademarks and the like, is being paid from the TDF account. However, that does not solve the problem - all donations go to the TDF account and are therefore bound for TDF. Still, FrODeV has their own fees to pay, their own events to organize, and due the lack of incoming donations, which is a result of the (actually positive) amount of donations for TDF, this gets more and more complicated

I think FrODeV is in a rather different situation than any other NGO. Donors who want to do something good for LibreOffice in Germany donate money to the TDF account, as they want the Foundation in Germany. While I assume that other associations will also have less donations because of TDF being so prominent, I doubt they have zero donations.

So, wearing my FrODeV hat, and representing the association and its members, I must find options to limit that impact. Otherwise FrODeV will help setting up TDF, but then run into severe financial problems itself - and that's something, as member of the board of directors, which I cannot support, so we need to find solutions.

I would assume (note that word) that the first order of business for the
BOD after TDF becomes legal would be to take control of all TDF
financial matters, and that at this point FrODev (and it's members)
would cease to have any official role with TDF accounting.

That's my understanding, indeed. All legal affairs concerning TDF, including assets like domain names and trademarks, and the accounting, will be handed over to TDF. In the end, we have two separate entities, each of them responsible for their business. Of course, there will be strong links, but legally, they are separate.

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108