Hello Florian

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 10:01 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello,

I know the topic about local NGOs is still to be discussed, but since
the German situation is a bit different to other countries, I would like
to raise this specific topic now, after a discussion with the German
association's board.

As you are all aware, the German association currently acts as interim
legal entity for TDF. Due to that, *all* donations that normally have
been donated to the German association, were donated to the TDF account.
In a nutshell: In the last three months, the German association did not
receive *any* donation, at least not via PayPal (and if any donation via
bank account, then only a small amount).

My understanding was that FrODev.org was accepting donations that could
be earmarked for TDF - if it has turned out that 100$ of said donations
were so earmarked, well that is hard on FrODev.org sure - the
association (FrODev.org) should address that internally.

However, still it does a lot
that is not paid by the TDF account, so I would like to propose the
following:

If FrODev.org is still paying bills for TDF our of the FrODev.org
working accounts I would ask Why and suggest they stop.

This is important in my mind - TDF becoming a legal entity is, I hear,
getting close... so are you saying that it is not in shape to stand on
it's own feet, financially, at this point?

Is FrODev.org to continue some financial role after TDF is legal?

I would like to add a donate button to the German (and only to these)
download, extensions and template website. Donations done by these
buttons will *not* go to TDF, but rather to the German association directly.

This should at least be an interim solution until we worked out a
concept for local NGOs.

What do you think?

Among other concerns (which I've edited out of this email), I am worried
about the precedent this sets.

It seems to me that there are numerous places in the current website
where a link to the FrODev.org website could be integrated and I would
be all for that - but the actual pitch for a donation, for FrODev.org,
should IMO be at that site.

Best wishes,

//drew