On 2011/08/01 10:47 AM  Ken Springer wrote:
I've not made any changes at GMANE as of yet. And I've not found the website to be that easy to navigate and/or understand unless you are higher up on the technically non-challenged food chain. This seems to be a common problem I find with open source products as well as newsgroup use in general.
You do not need to make any changes at the gmane website. Just enter your new email address in the gmane account settings in Thunderbird.
The following is from http://gmane.org/faq.php :

   *Posting*

     * *What happens after I post to a Gmane newsgroup?*
       The Gmane auto-authorizer sends you an email.
     * *I didn't get any email.*
       Then the address you used in your From or Reply-To headers was invalid. Use a valid
       email address. And you can't use a "public.gmane.org" address when posting.
     * *But I did use a valid email address.*
       Perhaps you did in your From, but your Reply-To address pointed to the mailing list.
       Don't do that.
     * *I got an email from the auto-authorizer, and I answered that. Then I didn't hear
       anything more.*
       This means that your response didn't reach Gmane. Re-send your reply to the auth message.

Also check their posting page: http://gmane.org/post.php

   *Here's how it works.*

    1. The first time you post something to a newsgroup, Gmane spools the message and sends
       you an email asking you to respond.
    2. You press "reply" in your favorite mail reader, and Gmane registers this authorization.
    3. Every five minutes, a Gmane cron job goes through the spool of unsent messages, and
       sends all messages that has received authorization.
    4. No more than one message is sent per user per five minutes. If you post more than one
       message per five minutes, the messages are spooled and sent out later. No action is
       required from you.
    5. If you authorize more than one new group per hour, the authorizations are spooled, and
       handled one per hour. This is to discourage mass authorizations of groups by diligent
       spammers.

I didn't sign up the wordworks address at GMANE as of yet. Going to wait until I know I've got the snowshed address deleted there.
I thought you said you couldn't post with the workworks address. There is no need to delete the snowshed address at gmane. Just put your workworks address in Thunderbird's account settings for gmane.

I'll email you a screenshot of what the account settings should look like.
LO will send a confirmation email when you unsubscribe. Besides, that will not solve your problem.
Do you know if the confirmation email will require a reply from me?
Yes it will. Your unsubscribe email also has to be sent from the address you subscribed with, which you say no longer exists. So there is no point or need to unsubscribe.

LO unsubscribe instructions are at:

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas