On 2011/07/31 2:08 PM  Ken Springer wrote:
Hi, Larry,On 7/31/11 1:20 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:On 2011/07/31 1:02 PM  Ken Springer wrote:Hi,
Larry,On Sun Jul 31 12:39:57 2011, Larry Gusaas wrote:On 2011/07/31 12:18 PM Ken Springer
           wrote:is there a way to determine the email
             address on file for my GMANE account? I'd bet it's different
             than this one.I didn't easily find a way to do that on the
             web page(s).KenIn Thunderbird, go to "Tools/Account Settings". Select your
           Gmane account. The email address is listed under the Default
           Identity for your Gmane account.Yea, knew that.  :-)But, after thinking overnight about
Florian's message, I
         realized that the email address there, which is this email
         address, may not be the one I originally used.  It dawned on me
         that originally, I had originally signed up with the nomail
option for LO, and that original address may no longer exist. :-)That would explain why you couldn't post through gmane. Since the
       address listed in your gmane account is the same as the address
       used in this post you should now be able to post through gmaneBut, when I signed up *again*
for the LO mailing list, I'll bet I
     used a different email address, and that technically, I've got two
     mailing list accounts at LO, and that may be part of the problem.IOW, I have one account that is
"no email blahblah@unknown_account.net" and one account at
     "wordworks@greeleynet.comand somehow there is confusion between
     GMANE, LO, and me.So, if I could get rid of "no email blahblah@unknown_account.net"
     at LO, assuming this *is* the problem, maybe the problem will go
     away all on its own.  At least, it will be one address that doesn't
     have to be tracked and recorded at LO.  :-)In other words, I may now be receiving
         GMANE addresses via one email address, and this message thread
         via another email address.You do not receive gmane posts through your email address, but
       through your NNTP newsreader. The email address is only used so
       you can also be reached by email to confirm your subscription and
       so you can be contacted privately.Granted.  But, that's not quite what I'm trying to say.
:-)I'm saying I'm reading and responding to this thread using the email
     component of Thunderbird.  But, the GMANE NNTP component of
     Thunderbird is using the "blah, blah, blah" account for
     verification.  And "blah, blah, blah" no longer exists, so there is
     no verification possible.Try posting a message through gmane to see if it works. If so you
       could change your account at LO to nomail.That's what I was planning, but I want to know the
cause before I
     effect a cure.  If my suspicion is correct, and I only fix the
     wordworks address, I may end up receiving duplicate messages.  :-)Ken
Please fix your quote attribution. It is almost impossible to pick out your comments in this mess.

You said "But, the GMANE NNTP component of Thunderbird is using the "blah, blah, blah" account for verification." You previously stated that the address listed in you gmane account settings is the same as the one in this email. That is the address used for verification, not your "blah, blah, blah" address.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas