Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Gmane sending issues
On 8/1/11 2:40 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
I'm confused. You previously stated you could not post through gmane
with your Snowshed address. Now you say you haven't.
You're not wasting your time, but our wires are definitely getting
crossed up. And, as this is a text only method of communication, it
surprises me not.
You're a Mac user, how far back do you go with Mac's? Far enough to
remember GEnie where you found Atari and Amiga support? I've been
watching and seeing this kind of confusion in text only communications
since then. I chalk it up to being part of the game. :-)
From the beginning:
1. Signed up for LO's user mailing list with the Snowshed address.
Very frustrated with a mailing list help solution, and was about to
unsubscribe when I learned about GMANE.
2. Subscribed (if that's the right word) to GMANE. Worked fine.
3. Unsubscribed the LO user mailing list subscription.
4. Resubscribed to LO user mailing list with the no email option, and
GMANE worked fine for the user list, and eventually added 3 more LO
lists to the GMANE account. All 4 lists worked fine for sending and
receiving. I don't remember actually signing up for the other 3
lists using the no email option.
5. Then came all the mailing list email address changes, and GMANE
apparently choked on some of it. Florian was posting about trying
to get it worked out. At the same time period, I dropped my
satellite internet service in favor of newly installed fiber
optics. (Who wouldn't?????? :-D ) Somewhere in this total time
frame, sending using GMANE quit for all 4 lists.
6. The Snowshed@dishmail.net went away with the satellite service.
7. Wordworks@greeleynet.com was in no way connected to the satellite
and fiber optics changes. Greeleynet offers dialup service, and I
keep it for testing modems in the PC's I fix. And, there are too
many people, places, and things that have the Wordworks email
address for me to want to try to make changes at this point.
8. I played around with different ideas, could not find the answer. I
found GMANE's site somewhat less than useful for the "unknowing in
9. Since I could not post to any of the LO lists using GMANE, I
subscribed to the discussion list using the Wordworks email
address. When using the wordworks account in TB, posts to the
discussion list work.
10. In the GMANE account, I changed the reply to address from
email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org, thinking that
might work. But, it didn't. No post to any of the 4 LO lists, sent
via GMANE, ever get posted.
11. I made no change at GMANE itself.
12. I still receive all posts made to the LO lists via GMANE, but
anything I try to send via GMANE goes somewhere other than what I
want. :-) The posts are all sitting in the appropriate sent
folder, but they never show up in the LO list. I don't know if the
blockage is at GMANE, LO, or both.
13. In the end, I see all the discussion list posts in both accounts,
but can send in only one account.
1. I can receive LO list posts for all 4 lists in the GMANE NNTP
account, but no messages I send for any of the lists ever get posted.
2. I can receive from and post to the discussion list via the Wordworks
email account. That is the only LO list I've subscribed to using
the wordworks address.
I think I've got this written clearly. :-) But another thing I've
learned over the years, never proofread your own writing! LOL And my
cat's can't read. :-D
Just ask for clarification if something sounds/read strange.
As a slight aside, off topic comment, I do wish the Mozilla group would
produce manuals the way LO is for the office package.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy