Hi Ramon, *

Von: Ramon Sole <ramon.sole@opscons.com>

I would seriously reconsider the way I deal with my volunteer
communities.

Agree. And that's they're doing exactly. They're asking TDF involved
people to resign from their OOo responsabilities. Nobody asked to nobody
to leave the Ooo Community. They're just asking to resign from official
responsabilities.

At the end it comes somehow down to the point that those who try to
change things should not take represantative positions within OOo -
no matter how much they contributed to OOo. Well ... if someone likes
to stay on this position, I cannot change this - but it is not my way
to handle things.

The really strange thing is that people from Oracle often tell, that
we "fixed the new rules and don't want to have Oracle with us". (You
wrote something similar in another mail, afair). But this is not true -
we stick to our committment to merit. And merit grows from contributions.
Just look at the starting notes for "How to become member at TDF" [1] -
contributions to OOo should definately qualify as member of TDF, so each
Oracle developer would qualify. I told Oracle developers that this
discussion will start on monday and that they are welcome to join the
discussion - seems nobody is interested.

I've been asked at the German Lists (Oracle developers discussed heavily
on this list within the last two weeks), if we would really stick to
merit, if oracle is going to join. I pointed to the bylaws of the interim
steering committe [2] and made clear, that there is one seat open
and that I'd be happy to get someone from Oracle in the SC. I never
got an answer on this. Instead Oracle continues in other threads to claim
that "we don't want them".

After all, the discussion seems to be a waste of time. TDF is not allowed
to have discussions about a change at OOo mailing lists (had some strong
"advices" on this already), but Oracle is not going to join the discussions
here at TDF. Indeed - I would be happy if I'd be proofen wrong and
we get a constructive discssion with Oracle.

regards,

André

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit