I personally realsie and appreciate that a lot of focuus has been on
the divorce from Oracle.

But there is an old saying that the seed that is sown in the ground is
the seed that grows.

Turn things around from "leaving Oracle" - "getting the community
together" and refocuss in short order on why you have seperated from
Oracle - to be in a position to be able to do a better job.

And now focuss on what that better job is.

You have highly talkanted developers amongst you - that hardly needs
to be a better job it is very well done already - itds the overall
product if I may use that word, and servicing your clientelle. That is
the future.

But if that is not at heart now, then the seed that will be growing
into a onster tree is a movement about not being under an awful ogre
(any number of corporations).

The new community is by any definition a corporation (a body
corporate) jsut not a private profit making one

The questoin is what sort of corpoation will it become, and what does
it exist for? Just some thoughts.

1. Quality customer service
2. Decission making porocesses that really utilise client feedback
3. UI development that really takes User experience and concerns to
the heart of decission making
4. Feature devlopment and external process integration that leads the
field and pre-empts clients' needs
5. Care for its own members professional and skill cultivation to meet
these sorts of aims.
6. Unashamedly adopt policies, mandates, and leadership structures and
review processes that facilitate the development and implementaton of
the various component parts of the project(s)
7. Elect leaders for fixed terms (what ever) find a mechanism to move
forward with out having to have a refunrendum on every single point
great and small
8 Recognise and Give real places to people in needed expertese areas
who are not dvelopers as such!

Paul