On 16/10/10 19:50, Scott Furry wrote:
 On 16/10/10 12:01 PM, AG wrote:
Hi list

Now that I have LibO beta 2 working, I'd like to offer a few comments if I may:

(i) the installation process - at least for Deb - needs to be streamlined and made more intuitive (this may be superseded once the Deb maintainers get their hands on LibO however)

Again, I used a different repository for Debian(Squeeze). After a couple of glitches on beta1, everything went rather well after that.

Not for me - when I downloaded beta2 and ran update, the whole thing fell apart.

(ii) there is still no Quickstarter available - nothing under Tools/ Options/ General/ Memory to even enable this. Not critical, but very nice to have and the code already exists for OOo so no good reason why it shouldn't be carried over into LibO

I have the QuickStarter running on XFCE desktop. For the beta2 I'm using, the checkbox for enabling QuickStarter in the User Preferences is there.

How do you access that?  I'm using Gnome.

Hope this helps.

With a bit more detail, it might :-)

AG