Hi list

Now that I have LibO beta 2 working, I'd like to offer a few comments if I may:

(i) the installation process - at least for Deb - needs to be streamlined and made more intuitive (this may be superseded once the Deb maintainers get their hands on LibO however)

(ii) there is still no Quickstarter available - nothing under Tools/ Options/ General/ Memory to even enable this. Not critical, but very nice to have and the code already exists for OOo so no good reason why it shouldn't be carried over into LibO

(iii) when opening a previously saved document, it would be nice if the cursor went automatically to the last saved point of the document rather than what seems to happen now which is to default to the beginning of the doc. This is especially helpful with large documents. because although ctrl+end gets the job done to some extent, this only shifts the cursor to the end of the document and not to the last point within where someone was working.

(iv) bullets still require a fair amount of work to be indented. Can this be made more straightforward using the right click context menu - change indent?

(v) still have no idea how to insert watermarks - these are useful if sharing docs and want to include the watermark text "draft" in background. I'm at a loss as to how to do this without getting into some unnecessarily complicated and circuitous route via drawing and pasting and saving as a page style. Personally, I've never liked how OOo shunted this kind of functionality off to page styles anyway ... seems like using a hammer to crack a nut.

Anyway, just some initial comments to throw into the mix. Otherwise, thanks again to the development team for keeping the fork going and I look forward to a long and illustrious future for LibO.

Cheers

AG