Hi Christoph, Thorsten,
Am Mon, 4 Oct 2010 23:10:27 +0200 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:

I do see the "don't irritate non-technical QA people" argument - but
on the other hand I *do* want to get them technically savvy over
time, and pick up the 'smell' on were to invest time, if
<stereotype>Dev A starts to hack on the uno registry code
again</stereotype>.

That's how it started for me. I'm still at the very beginning of
coding at maybe I'm way to old to ever learn it entirely but I
wanted to have some menu points in the Mac Menu of OOo once the
Start Center and/or the last window is closed and you only see the
menu bar. So I asked Eric Bachard where to look in the code for
this menu part and after he told me I began reading that code parts
and after some trial and error figured out how to manipulate them.
I'm now happy that - at least in LibreOffice Beta - the changes I
did are in the build and perhaps even better than I could have done
them but it's a starting point. And when you do QA and talk about
this on various fairs people come up with ideas and now that I did
my first hackings I'm a step further into LibO/OOo.

Building two camps again, I fear, will not yield the kind of
collaborative athmosphere I so clearly envision for QA/Dev - case in
point is one Raphael Bircher, who loudly complains about perceived
problems doing QA in LibO - I want those concerns voiced on a list
were they can be discussed with the devs, not to echo unheard in
some zoo made up for QA. ;)

+1

(I could probably live with a bugs@tdf alias, where discussions is
purely about bugs, how to reproduce them, etc - but really, QA is
much more than that)

+1

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!