Le 2011-11-08 11:52, drew a écrit :
On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 15:34 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi,

ads, independent to what they advertise for, are basically a no go for me.

Howdy Florian

<snip>

right, well I have no doubt of the sincerity behind that comment, but it
does get a bit dicey in practice IMO.

For instance very few had a problem with pointing directly to the
official Document Foundation and LibreOffice pages on Facebook - ads.

Document Foundation and LibreOffice twitter accounts - ads.

TDF/Libo G+ pages - no ads, yet.

Alright, so a simple aversion to on-line ads is not the only determining
factor, exceptions are made all the time.

This is not a way to argue in favor of treating LibreOfficeForum.org or
lo-portal.de/forum as 'official' sites, but I would like to again
suggest that it, alone, is not a reason to in effect shun them either.

IIRC Micheal Meeks, in one of his presentations, suggested a goal of 200
Million users for the LibreOffice suite - I think that is a laudable
goal, and also believe that it will not be attained without this wealth
of extended, external, activity.

Which of course if not exactly on-topic and I will get directly back to
topic in reply to an earlier email but for this point - I hope we can
find some useful way to incorporate all the energy coming from these
auxiliary effots - it's not easy I know but I think it will be well
worth the effort.

Now - off to write the on-topic email,

//drew

Yes, well, then there are strange ad behaviour that you would see like on http://www.LinuxToday.com where Microsoft banners show regularly and where there are regular ads disputing the validity of linux as an OS.

Good points and bad points all round. But, for me, preferably, no outside ads and forums hosted on TDF/LibreOffice servers where we are in control of ad content and decide which ones are published rather than leave it in the hands of "whoever".

Marc