Hi Drew,

Am 10.01.2011 15:09, schrieb drew:
On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 11:21 +0100, Stefan Weigel wrote:
That´s why I even advocate closing down http://libreofficeforum.org/

I could not disagree more strongly. He had every right to open that
site, I don't like it, to say you can arbitrarily shut it down because
it does not fit with your likings is the type of action that I am here
to work against.

Please don´t get me wrong! (which could happen, if you quote my
statement without its rationale!)

Of course anybody has the right to establish a forum for whatever
she/he likes.

But it is my personal conviction, that opening
http://libreofficeforum.org/ as yet another forum, although there
were already well-established forums, is no benefit for the project
or community. There were discussions about this in October last
year, as well as there have been discussions about this today.
There´s quite a lot of community members, who basically say the
same: There is no need for more and more forums in parallel.

What would you say, if people came up with multiple LibreOffice
websites in parallel? What would you say, if people came up with
multiple LibreOffice mailing lists in parallel? You have every right
to open a website or mailing list about LibreOffice besides the
existing one. But does it make sense? Is it good for the project and
the community, after all?

The same is for forums.

Stefan.