Hi Michael,

Michael Wheatland wrote (03-01-11 16:56)
To make this clear in my mind I have listened and read the decision
statement from the Steering Committee decision.

The conversation on the conference call:
"I would ask the people working on Drupal to do a more detailed
planning in the next month regarding additional services..."
There were some bits that I didn't quite understand (poor quality
sound), but many people voiced their opinion that we should consider
Drupal as the long term solution.

'Consider' yes.

The statement to the website list from the SC is as follows:
"the CMS decision was taken: it will be Silverstripe as a starter,
with plans to migrate to Drupal later on."

'Plan' plus 'consider' plus the fact that there was in my experience quite some disappointment about the early proof of concept for Drupal, does not logically lead to the conclusion that there 'shall be a move to Drupal'.

On the other side: if you work in the website team and there is the clear conviction that the current CMS falls short for our needs and that Drupal will help, I see no reason why a move will not be made.
(But that is just my personal POV).

Best,
Cor