Michael,

Le Tue, 4 Jan 2011 00:28:58 +0930,
Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au> a écrit :

On 03/01/2011 8:46 PM, "Charles-H. Schulz" <
charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Le Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:58:18 -0000,
Zaphod Feeblejocks <zaphodfj@gmail.com> a écrit :

On 3 Jan 2011 at 17:29, Michael Wheatland wrote:

Could addons be clearly signposted on the main page?

Could first-time users be taken to the addons page, so they
know functionality can be extended?

Could addons be clearly posted in the menus?

Could the frequency of downloading addons be counted and a
pack of the most popular ones be compiled?  Could the
most-frequent-addons pack even be an optional extra included
with the download?

Zaphod,
I have some good news for you. The website team is already
tackling this with the Drupal implementation.

In case you are not aware the current site at libreoffice.org is
earmarked for an upgrade (as per the steering committee advice).
The website team has been busy building the site over at a
temporary domain www.libreofficeaustralia.org

Great work!

While I do thank Michael for its great work I believe there's a
slight misunderstanding here: Michael's own exploratory work might
be used one day for the LibreOffice website, but it is at this
stage not considered for an "upgrade".

best,
Charles.

zf

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Membre du Comité exécutif

Charles,
Far from being 'my' exploration work, the majority of the website
team has contributed towards this project after the Steering
Committee discussion and the outcome of which, I am paraphrasing, to
implement the Silverstripe CMS on Drupal.org with a view to go with
Drupal long term.

"to implement the Silverstripe CMS on Drupal.org" does not seem to mean
anything to me. "With a view to go with Drupal" was rather: with the
possible option of Drupal in the long term.

The progress made by many of the contributing members has been
fantastic, and although I have been the most vocal of the website
development team regarding the implementation of a community building
and tooling site there are many other people who have done fantastic
work.

I will be applying to the Steering Committee soon to set a target
date for implementation in order to focus the website team on a
tangible goal.

Well there will be no target, I'm afraid.

There does seem to be a little bit of misinformation out there
regarding this SC decision, but it is quite clear if you listen to
the decision outcome statement on the recording of the SC meeting.

I am sure this will be clarified when the website team applies for a
further decision on implementation.

"a little bit of misinformation", Michael, is perhaps your enthusiasm
leading to understand things the way you would like them to be :-). At
this stage, I don't believe we have any clear plans to move to Drupal;
there seems indeed to have been some early misunderstanding, but if you
wish the SC will clarify its position (again) .  But given that I'm a
member of the said SC, it might be useful to you to take my words into
account.

Best,
Charles.

Michael Wheatland