Le 2010-12-14 07:52, Johannes A. Bodwing a écrit :
Sorry people,

I think we are on a wrong way.
Why?
OK, there is hard work on every side, but what is the core of all? And
how do we realize this core around the world with a structure for a
long, long time?
For example, look at HOME on the website. There you find:
LibreOffice - Welcome to LibreOffice and so on.
The german site is familiar.
But LO is just a manifestation of the idea of TDF. And the idea/goals of
TDF are:
"Our mission is to facilitate the evolution of the OpenOffice.org
Community into a new open, independent, and meritocratic organizational
structure within the next few months."
That means:
The core is the Community, its structure and its evolution e.g.
And LO is the product that comes from this structur and that helps to
improve the structure of this Community. Like a crystal nucleus.
Why can TDF and LO than go to public in this splitted way they do? TDF
and LO are one thing that can't be splitted without loosing the basis.
For example: Why not on every HOME-Site in every nation (and in every
article, spot e.g.) start with the "spirit" oft TDF/LO?:

The Document Foundation
presents
the new Freedom of Community-based Software
LibreOffice

The "spirit" of this Community is the fuel. This "spirit" provides the
worldwide frame for everything TDF does. With this "spirit" LO is
created and will be developed and so on. And for that the Community has
to work together as a whole.

I fear we will loose our goals short after beginning.
OK, that's hard. But look at OOo and its goals and what is realized
after ten years.

We will work on the goals, mission, values etc. of the LO soon. This is an item that has been discussed on the marketing list. These will not necessarily be the same as the TDF. I think that most members recognise that the TDF and LO will need to be represented on different sites.

Or look at the idea of a LO-Magazin. It's a thread on the international
marketing-list and one on the german list. How many LO-magazins are
starting, and in the end everyone of it is like every national group
will make it. Everyone different and perhaps without the core of all -
the goals of TDF.

Claudio F. Filho from BrOffice has kindly offered to help out with with LO Magazines as they have the process quite fine tuned. I am not sure if the German group would consider cooperating with BrOffice this way. In his post, Claudio mentions that they already publish in Galician, French, Portuguese (BR), Spanish, and English. It may be a good idea to partner up with BrOffice and streamline a process for a German magazine. I believe that the general process is that, for major articles, all of the partnered magazines publish these articles, but, regional and language specific articles are published as well. (Although, I would imagine that some of these language-specific articles would still be quite interesting for the all partners anyway.) You can find the thread here: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentation.libreoffice.marketing/1454

This to me sounds like an interesting partneship to consider as I believe that some of the German members were also concerned about the amount of material available for a magazine. I have tried to follow the German magazine thread on the German list as best as I could with my rudimentary German skills (and translator of course).

In my opinion, it would be interesting for the TDF/LO to consider BrOffice coordinate magazines (with membership approval of course) for LibreOffice and for different language groups. This way we could have a unified "look and feel" for the LO magazine and the content could still be appropriate for each language group magazine. Some of the articles may apply best to only one language group than another. This way the magazine publishing process would be the same for all, deadlines could be coordinated and we could even perhaps encourage magazines for smaller groups by helping them out with the process and letting them take care of the content.

Regards,
Johannes

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers