Hi Marc,
here just the first point.
... Le 2010-12-14 07:52, Johannes A. Bodwing a écrit :
Sorry people,

I fear we will loose our goals short after beginning.
OK, that's hard. But look at OOo and its goals and what is realized
after ten years.

We will work on the goals, mission, values etc. of the LO soon. This is an item that has been discussed on the marketing list. These will not necessarily be the same as the TDF. I think that most members recognise that the TDF and LO will need to be represented on different sites.

The more I try to understand TDF/LO I understand it less.
What I think to know about it at the moment is:
~ TDF has a mission. In short: to build better conditions for a community, like it is said on the TDF-Website. The purpose is not mentioned there. But it is the Office-Suite LO as a sequel to the OOo-Office-Suite in a freer frame. (OK, some time it was thought it could be OOo again). ~ That means TDF has no (clear) mission at the moment for LO. But the core of the TDF-Community is the Office-Suite LO. And TDF is founded for building and progress of LO. ~ TDF offers the final LO in the next few weeks (I think) without a mission/vision or goals for LO? And after the final release of LO 3.3 we think about the goals etc. of LO? ~ That means on the basis of the TDF-mission TDF is working for a community not for LO - and LO has no goals but comes soon? But who makes LO if not TDF?

Is this the way to success for such a project?

Why is the reason for TDF not mentionend in the mission like: "... With this we improve the conditions for our Office Suite LibreOffice ... " and so on. Is this a mistake, a slip of the pen? Or is there a concrete reason why the Office-Suite isn't mentioned in the mission of TDF?

a little bit confused,
Johannes