why cant the languages be automatically chosen when downloaded, if you are
viewing the web page in English then the download would default to English
language pack and automatically select the correct OS. With the normal link
below saying "Other OS and languages" .. Split the languages packs out.

Include all popular templates and clip art, leave the rest for easy to
access built in menus (also accessible in the install menu) to download
"more stuff".

Anything left out of an install package in this effort for the most part
should be offered to be downloaded via a Internet connection during an
install.

I think, if you want to target the audience that have issues with
downloading large files, this for the most part also the same audience that
would know little about technology and may have issues understanding or
selecting the correct "version" to download. The best option, would be
providing options to obtain cd's, having the software available via local
retail chains, and creating relationships with manufacturers and computer
repair solutions for installations showing the benefit of Lib0 over M$
office and OOo. Also, there is a large US based government effort to expand
the access to Internet "broadband" ... and the speeds of Internet are
improving over time.  Something to keep in mind.

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Robert Derman <robert.derman@pressenter.com