With all the discussion of the size of the download package and the difficulty of including things like manuals I suddenly realized that perhaps we are going about this thing entirely wrong! Perhaps what we should do is offer a CHOICE of several download packages, not just one take it or leave it package.

A basic download package with just the core LO Office Suite, like what we have had up to now, and as an alternative, a Complete package including users manual(s), templates, extensions, clip art, fonts, anything else that should be in a complete package. Perhaps we could even offer a Writer Only package without Calc, Draw, Impress, Base, or Math, and with just a BRIEF users manual for Writer. I suspect that there may be many home users that just want a word processor and aren't at all interested in the rest of the suite.

Different users have very different internet connections, some are still dial up. Some are DSL, and some are Cable and have huge bandwidth. Offering only a One-Size-Fits-All package may no longer be the best idea.