On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 01:30:19AM +0930, Michael Wheatland wrote:
You were responding *my* mail not referring to my contents.
Friedrich

I am new to this mailing list thing. I use Gmail and I reply by
clicking the 'reply' space at the very bottom of the conversation
list.
How are you able to tell which message I reply to? And what should I
be doing to ensure that the message gets to it's intended target?
But thanks for the tip.

Yes I was most defininately referring to Rene's comments.
I have experienced a similar type of arrogance amongst 2 other open
source projects, one of which was resolved quickly and resolutely by
it's members actively denouncing such attitudes within the community.

A little gratuitous advice (not criticism). If you are new to mailing
lists be aware that you should develop a thick skin. You're dealing
with people and some people have shorter fuses than others. If they come
across to you as arrogant you have several options. Ignore them, dig
through the perceived arrogance to see what they are trying to convey,
or filter their posts. The last runs the risk of missing out on
important information.

FWIW my attitude toward people learning at least the rudiments of their
OS, beyond merely where to point and click, is quite similar to Rene's.

Thanks again,
Michael Wheatland

Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279