Sigrid Carrera wrote:

Yes, I agree with you, arrogance doesn't help this project. But I
guess, René (btw, he is (was?) the Debian maintainer for OOo, and I
guess, he will maintain LibO for Debian too) has seen similar questions
too much and many people aren't willing to learn something new. So I can
understand, that he lost patience. But this is no excuse, since I've
seen this question only once here.

I think that every individual has the right to decide what he want to learn and what he does not want to learn. I do not want to learn to use the Terminal. Full stop. It is my right, and I simply ignore software if I have to use the Terminal.

Each one of us is good at something, and bad at something. I am bad at technology, but good at marketing and communications. I have never told to people unable to speak in public that they MUST learn to speak in public (also because the majority is not able to learn the skills which are necessary for that task, either because they are not interested or because - being humans - lack the basic ability).

I lack the ability of learning to use technology beyond a certain level of complexity, because I am not interested, exactly as other people are not able to speak in public because they lack the basic ability. What should I tell them: speaking in public is SOOO easy, why are you so DUMB?

Unfortunately, reading this thread I have realized that TDF is too much developer oriented, exactly as OOo was too much developer oriented (and missed many objectives because of this bias).

As a founding member and a Steering Committee member of TDF, I am not happy at all. Users must be respected, and if a user asks for an easier installation procedure, he is probably right (and the easier procedure has to be provided, sooner or later according to resources).

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com