René Engelhard schrieb:
Nope. Really, I expect anybody having root on a Debian-based system to
know dpkg. Seriously.

I think it is very important from the very start that the community
does not have an unrealistic expectation of the end user.
Linux is a system which is gaining rapidly in popularity and there are
many end users who have never used the command line (gasp).

Regardless of the question, or the system on which LibreOffice is
intended to run I suggest we answer all questions with patience and
never with vitriol or belittlement.

Anybody working with deb package files and not knowing what to do will
find the following link useful:

Thanks, I hope this helps.
Michael Wheatland
LibreOffice Drupal Website Development Team
blog.wheatland.com.au