Hello Michael,

Am Tue, 23 Nov 2010 01:30:19 +0930
schrieb Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au>:

You were responding *my* mail not referring to my contents.
Friedrich

I am new to this mailing list thing. I use Gmail and I reply by
clicking the 'reply' space at the very bottom of the conversation
list.

Don't worry, everyone here was once new to this "mailing list
thing". :)

How are you able to tell which message I reply to? And what should I
be doing to ensure that the message gets to it's intended target?
But thanks for the tip.

Every email contains a header like this:
(this is copied from your mail). :) So if you use a "proper" email
client, the client can sort the emails where they belong and you can
see who replied to which comment of another user.

If you want to reply to a specific mail (that isn't the last email in
the conversation list), then use the other reply button that is on the
top right corner of that specific email.

You will then see, that gmail quotes the correct mail content and you
can comment to the specific paragraphs.

Yes I was most defininately referring to Rene's comments.
I have experienced a similar type of arrogance amongst 2 other open
source projects, one of which was resolved quickly and resolutely by
it's members actively denouncing such attitudes within the community.

Yes, I agree with you, arrogance doesn't help this project. But I
guess, René (btw, he is (was?) the Debian maintainer for OOo, and I
guess, he will maintain LibO for Debian too) has seen similar questions
too much and many people aren't willing to learn something new. So I can
understand, that he lost patience. But this is no excuse, since I've
seen this question only once here.

Sigrid