I decided I would try to convey my thoughts on this now

First I had a couple of questions

How many member do we envision being on the SC?

How many projects does the SC envision having under the TDF.

Right now I see the need for LibreOffice, and I really do see a need for a
couple other projects.  I would love an android app that opens LibreOffice
files. maybe even a BlackBerry app and some other smartphone apps.

If this is the case, I see the SC being made up of those that are currently
on the SC at the present and then Representatives of the Projects that are
under TDF.  I feel that the projects should vote on those member that will
become members of the SC.  How many from each project should be related to
the size of the project.

The problem as I see it is how do you define the amount of contribution each
person gives, cause in my opinion even the users are contributors to the
project, without the users there would be no need for the project.  So does
simple registration make you a member of the project, or do you need to join
one of the group that we will have?

As for TDF,  I would not be opposed to the members of TDF deciding who can
join, say you want to join TDF, you send in some kind of resume, and the
current members vote you in, or out, if they feel that needs to be the case,
or they can ask for clarifing information if that is needed.  Would I
be opposed to some kind of membership fee to join TDF, no, I have been a
member of several organizations that require a membership fee.  TDF needs
some kind of budget and we all enjoy using the software. I see no issue with
it really.

later as the project progresses and we get more member of TDF, I see
elections to oppoint members of the SC from the larger TDF membership. Now
keep in mind being a member of one of the projects does not mean you are a
member of TDF.  But you would get to vote for the representative to the SC
for your project.

these are just a few of my thoughts, please feel free to comment.

James Walker