2010/10/18 Charles Marcus <CMarcus@media-brokers.com>:
On 2010-10-18 3:38 AM, James Wilde wrote:
Action point 5:  Let the list system fade out, or at least move it
down the priorities for user support.  I know there are people in
here who live in the Unix world - I did myself once - and use
text-only email readers, and who therefore prefer mailing lists, but
ordinary users don't like them.  So keep and monitor the lists, but
plug the forum.

Best would be to find some way to integrate a decent forum platform with
a decent mail list manager...

I believe that Mailman3 will support such a beast, but I haven't had
much luck finding anything other than a lot of threads about custom
plugins and such...

yes, indeed, Mailman does support something like a
mailinglist-forum-bridge. I am also involved in the new Mageia
distribution and one of the participants there has for test purposes
created such a forum-mailinglist gateway. You can read his
introduction to the forum and the link to it in this email:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mageia-discuss@mageia.org/msg01602.html

I'm sure he would be willing to help out a bit - if asked nicely. ;)

Sigrid