On 2010-10-09 9:14 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
It is important that people who prefer to use Gmane instead of
receiving emails be able to do so simply.

It is important to those people, yes... but you seem to be refusing to
grasp the simple fact that there are a very limited number of people
working on a monumentally huge task, and they *must* prioritize things.

No offense, but you remind me of my spoiled brat nephew who wants what
he wants when he wants and to hell with everyone else. Maybe you didn't
intend to come across this way, but you did - go back and re-read your
posts, especially how many times you complained loudly about having to
get email to be able to post through gmane even after you had been told
multiple times about the nomail subscription option, although you
obviously finally got the message.

I understand frustration, and am myself very vocal and generous in
criticism when I feel it is warranted, however The Document Foundation
effort is still extremely new, and I believe they deserve a lot of
respect for the monumental task they are undertaking. What they don't
deserve is a bunch of us all yelling at the same time about our own pet
peeves as if ours were the only ones that mattered.

I originally subscribed to the email list. When Gmane became
available, I started using it and unsubscribed to the list. When I
couldn't post through Gmane I re-subscribed to the list. Later I
unsubscribed again and then subscribed to the nomail list.

So now you have what you want... "don't worry, be happy" now. :)

There is no indication on your webpage or on Gmane to indicate that
you have to subscribe to the mailing list to post through Gmane, as I
stated before. Indeed there should be no need to do so.

So maybe you could be constructive and write up some appropriate changes
and submit them to Florian so he could update the website.

Having to jump through hoops like this and getting responses like
yours lowers my desire to have any thing to do with Document
Foundation

and explaining in detail the hows and whys of the situation right now,
and that things will be dealt with when time allows?

Personally I think you have been very demanding and unreasonable during
this entire thread, Larry, and owe an apology to Florian and the others
doing the heavy lifting.

--

Best regards,

Charles