Hi Larry,

Larry Gusaas schrieb:

On 2010/10/09 4:36 AM Florian Effenberger wrote:
[...]
of course we do require subscription for people who want to subscribe to
mailing lists. Otherwise, we'd be the victim of spam very soon.

Gmane is a newsgroup. They require verification of the the sender before
they post the message. This serves the same purpose as subscribing to
this list. Any senders of spam can be removed.
> [...]

If subscription to the mailing list is required, it should be stated on
the Gmane page, although there is no real need to dual subscribe and
defeats the whole purpose of Gmane.

For the OpenOffice.org mailing lists sending without extra subscription via Gmane became enabled just four or five years ago.

I don't know about the background - perhaps someone here remembers...

But please let us establish our own infrastructure first.

In my opinion Gmane posting is an additional nice-to-have feature, that can be improved, when time allows it.
... especially if there is a workaround (subscribe-nomail) ...

Best regards

Bernhard