Hi Sophie, *,

Sophie schrieb:
Carolina Flores Hine wrote:

[..]

So, of course, the scenario will be better if Oracle gives the
trademark to the community, but if we have to wait a month for that
to happen, the situation will still be complicated. In that case, it
may be better if we start positioning LibreOffice now because in two
months, it may be too late.

Of course, we decided to wait for your guidances but we want to make
sure you are thinking about the consequences of waiting for the
trademark .

We are well aware of this marketing issue and more, the lack of
confidence it can bring to our users. We won't wait a long time

What do You (and the steering team?) expect from comunicating a waiting
period?

From my point of view doing so, only can end in one result:
A shot in the own foot.

What, if You comunicate a period of let's say 5 days and Oracle acts at
6th day? You show Your tongue and say "to late"?. I think it's a good
idea to communicate beeing prepared to talk at any time.  There will be
a point, where it is too late to stop the train. And if Oracle wants to
save the value of "Oracle Open Office" as a near relative of good
branded "OpenOffice.org" than *they* have to catch the train. *They*
have to hurry up. *They* will loose if they miss it.

If they aren't aware of that, every minute even to think on further
waiting is lost time for us. Not to forget the signal sent: We *almost*
trust our idea and our work started to be good. ;o))

and
meanwhile we will continue to work on the foundation settlement and
the quality of the version we want to deliver.
We need to show to the world what we are able to do and the quality we
aim, and we are going to do it :)

+1

Thanks a lot for doing what some of us only dared to dream: building
a home for OpenOffice.

same from my part.

Thanks a lot for being there, without the community, a dream would
stay a dream !

impressing to notice the activity and the fresh breath. :o))

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich

Ansprechpartner / contact person for the "PrOOo-Box"
german language OpenOffice.org and more on CD/DVD
http://prooo-box.org