Hi Danishka, all,

I'm sorry for having picked the wrong email address this morning. Of
course, the content of my mail is not confidential at all ;-) It just
says that I'm back in a day and try to ask the other guys how they
feel ... or how to kick-off website improvements. My problem was, that I
had to go because of my day job waiting for me ... so a mail to a friend
member seemed a quick solution. Seemed ;-)

What this mail also said - and it seems to be absolutely true with
regard to some other website mail thread - that I'm absolutely happy
about all these proposals and offers for help. It feels great that the
overall idea of the foundation is so well received. So, to *anybody* my
deepest thanks.

Back to the topic of the website. I had a quick discussion with Florian
(who also additionally manages many of the press requests, btw) and we
have the following proposal...

At the moment, we would like to think a bit about the requirements for a
new infrastructure including a website. For example, it would be great
to have some kind of Single-Sign-On for all the required services ...
although it would be a dream to reduce the overall complexity, our
project is large and we will need different infrastructure bits and
pieces. Size is also a challenge ... we will have to cope with a lot of
content and therefore stability is an important thing.

We propose to wait a few more days until we can breathe again (*g*) ...
to join the discussion. Of course, that does not stop anybody from
thinking. I would be just great if those (who are interested) can make
up a small team and collect ideas or wishes for the infrastructure and
maybe propose how to address it.

The only thing that's missing at the moment is a dedicated wiki, so that
you can share ideas. (A mailing list shouldn't be the problem ...
mmmh ... I should bother Florian again). For the rest, I propose to use
the OpenOffice.org Wiki (still, we are the community of OpenOffice.org).

Another good question is, whether Oracle will support us and e.g.
provide the trademark. Until we have the answer, it would be a pity to
create a lot of design content that might get lost ... let's focus on
that once we have the answer. What do you think?

Is this something you all can live with at the moment? Is there someone
who can start a small Wiki page for that?

Again, it is just great to be with you ... :-)

Christoph