Am 29.01.2011 um 11:04 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
So to get the torrent, simply download it from mirrorbrain (just
append .torrent to the URL)

That doesn't work out:
I created a directory pub/libreoffice/iso and put the iso file in there.
To avoid it beeing mirrored I told rsync to exclude it.

As you can see on
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/iso/LibO_3.3.0-1_DVD_allplatforms_snapshot-2011-01-28_21.13.39_de.iso.mirrorlist
 the file isn't only non-existant on any mirror, but there are (and this is crucial for torrents)
no hashes known for it. The hashes haven't been created, therefore -- probably because you put the
file manually into the publicly served filespace, instead of pushing it through our stage area, and
"publishing" it via our stage2pub script. The latter script would have taken care of creating the
needed hashes. Then the torrent generation would work.

Thus, a 404 is returned for requests on the torrent file.

Once hashes are there, they'll be displayed on the {...}.mirrorlist URL.

By the way, the torrents can contain web seeds only when the file is on some mirror. So I would
suggest to let it be mirrored at least on one mirror, because a fast web seed is obviously very
convenient or torrent users.

Hope this helps,
Peter