adept techlists - kazar schrieb:

On the other hand ... if I had been an "average end-user" such as a
secretary who decided to take some time out of their day to go to
libreoffice.org, click on "Bug" and fill in the form, and then got a
notification asking me to provide all kinds of additional info, I would
(1) not be engaging with you here on this list, and (2) would ignore the
request because I am on the job and responsible for doing other things
for my boss. Thus the issue would sit there in the system as NEEDSINFO.

Hi kazar ,

of course, I know several people who are very clever, but would have very serious problems to contribute requested information or to proceed the requested tests. Currently the only solution I see is to recommend to consult a User mailing list and to find a tutor who will help. Doing that support in the bug report would make the report too confusing. For that we should have a default proceeding (something like subject line "NEEDHELP Bug 12345") and a shot manual in the Wiki what will help the user to find the newsgroup, may be to assign and and and. As a first step I added a mailing list hint to my standard text.

CU

Rainer